Saturday, February 13, 2010

13th of February

“The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical. It is the sower of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger . . . is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms – this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong to the ranks of devoutly religious men.”    - Albert Einstein

On certain days, I welcome this feeling, occasionally I even seek it out... other days, it completely freaks me out, because there is no figuring it out, or understanding it. Personally, my most 'religious' moments have been under a bright moon in the wee hours of the morning, or by the ocean as little waves ripple against the shore, or big ones pound it relentlessly. My cathedral, is the domed roof of the sky, or walking through the tall trunks of the forest. 

That 'mystical' feeling seems to me to be an expansive quiet, one I feel compelled to share, or at least put words to...it is one of the most elusive things to share, or put words to, however.

the Keeper (word to think about/keep with me for a bit): 
"Awe" - n. A feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.

I hope to allow everything in, be it known, unknown, or in between... to be paying attention so as not to miss the extraordinary and/or the extra ordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment